Thursday, June 23, 2011

Excitement allowed

Two weeks ago I got excited. It was the opening weekend of the ski season and, just outside Buchan, I passed a sign that said ‘Mt Hotham 157km’. I was driving amidst intimidating mountain ash trees, making my heart beat a little bit faster. Next to me though, was not a pair of skis, but a surfboard. Buchan was as close as I got to the mountains as I had to start heading back towards the coast and Marlo. (Which made me even more excited because I was on my way to see my ace friends Tim, Wally and Sonja.)

Since then I’ve had one cheeky afternoon slide at Mt Buller: a delicious tease for the season to come. But now I’m going to allow myself to reach maximum excitement. Everything’s white at Falls Creek and tomorrow night is the time to hit the Hume Freeway and head for the hills. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaa!!!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment